Saturday, March 16, 2013

Unsuresurprised

I'm surprised yet unsurprised whenever I encounter some 'interesting' situations here, in the U.S. Studying abroad definitely widened my horizon not only in knowledge, but perspectives. I guess what I'm trying to point out is that, culture, is certainly something to be noticed of when you're in a foreign land. 

Just the other day a girl, who I hardly talk to, asked me if I have a girlfriend. Well, of course she did not shoot me that question out of the blue. Before that I was having a conversation with a friend about 'boyfriend' stuffs, which is why she asked me if I have a boyfriend, first, so when I said no, she asked if I have a girlfriend. 


My eyes went wide-open when that was thrown out (I assume that she did not notice my reaction). I was not offended. I was not mad or whatever. It's just that I really did not see that coming. Yep, that's the phrase alright. So it made me wonder, is it cause of me, or her, or is it just the culture here, to just ask such sensitive questions, in a room filled with people, also when the two individuals barely know each other.


Oh but I talked to my friend about and he said it's just her. Hm?

No comments: