Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Giant's House


I'm now reading a fiction book called The Giant's House by Elizabeth McCracken. I already read till around Pg 40. I don't know why, I spent a lot of time reading this book, but I'm still at Pg 40. Probably cause the size of the book is longer and wider.


About the book:
The year is 1950, and in a small town on Cape Cod twenty-six-year-old librarian Peggy Cort feels like love and life have stood her up. Until the day James Carlson Sweatt–the “over-tall” eleven-year-old boy who’s the talk of the town–walks into her library and changes her life forever. Two misfits whose lonely paths cross at the circulation desk, Peggy and James are odd candidates for friendship, but nevertheless they soon find their lives entwined in ways that neither one could have predicted. In James, Peggy discovers the one person who’s ever really understood her, and as he grows–six foot five at age twelve, then seven feet, then eightso does her heart and their most singular romance.

I bought this book cause I was curious and don't understand, how can a woman can fall in love with an 11-year old boy, but I also don't know if the woman really fell in love with the boy or not. And the boy is so tall! I don't know oh. Don't know lah.

2 comments:

Geeko Outlet said...

hahahaha. sounds quite interesting to me! =D you got it there? for how much?

six feet is like.. so tall!!!! hmm.. i wonder whether his body length is proportionalised properly! =P

Amos said...

hahaha imagine a tall dude with an 11 year old's attitude hahaha he'll be like wearing strap on pants and jumping around and if you dont give him what he wants he'll start rolling on the floor crying hahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!