Monday, November 16, 2009

The Boy Who Could Fly

This book is not the one which came out in the movies, it's a different story, but of course it's also about a boy who could fly. Krystell got me the book, gah, I love it so so much. I've stopped reading books for quite some time, cause of the busy-ness I had, well not really that busy actually, busy and lazy I guess. I tried starting to read, a few books already, but failed to continue, only read a few chapters and there, I stopped.

BUT after reading that book, yay, I've started reading other books!
Well, I don't know why. Maybe it gave me back the feel of reading books. Hah.
Thank you Krystell!

One day the Fat Fairy turns up at Thomas Top's house to grant him a birthday wish. Thomas can't think what to ask for, so he wishes he could fly. That's how Thomas goes from being just an ordinary boy whom no one notices to being the most popular boy in the school. But it makes him sad that grown-ups can't see the wonderful things he can do. His flying gets him suspended from school, and that makes life at home much worse, because his dad gets so cross and it makes his mum miserable. But then the Fat Fairy turns up again, and with help from her and Thomas's new friend Mr Vinnie, a retired painter and decorator who has been flying since he was Thomas's age, everything changes.

2 comments:

Amos said...

sounds like me. i fly you know.
you know why you feel happy reading this book?
cuz its a ''magical children's book''

Geeko Outlet said...

Hahaha. Hey Jessie! =D Yup, it's a simple, entertaining and honest 'magical children's book'.

Just goes to show that the world is going crazy! With our *cough* 'busy-ness and lazy-ness'. Hahaha. Same goes to me.